Why? Idle curiosity, mainly, but I've done many things because of that, so that's not too unusual.
My first impression are mixed, and thus so the are the following comments:
- WTF is up with the "find friends in your address book" thing? Who though having facebook trawl my contacts list for people would be a good idea?
- The interface is often clunky
- "The wall" looks like an astonishing bad invention. It seems to want to be somewhere between a forum and a set of blog comments, but without the ability to compartmentalise into threads that make conversations manageable in either.
- What people are willing to post on the wall is quite eye-opening at times
- YA online status thingy to play with
- Randomly searching for various people eats up a lot ore time than one would think
- Finding the person you're looking for can be quite hard
- Following links in various people's social networks is another dangerous time sink.
- The temptation to push misleading information into "how one met" and such fields is quite strong.