- I should never, ever, ever get a job which involves commuting in on the N2 - taking around 90 minutes to get from my flat to the conference venue each morning was not a good way to start the day.
- I should be more forceful when chairing sessions - I left the long talk to go on embarrassingly long.
- Ideally, I should duck out of chairing sessions more often. It's easier to catnap in the back during the boring bits that way.
- Two bottles of wine per table (1 white, 1 red) just doesn't cut it for the conference dinner
- I'm very glad I wasn't driving after the conference dinner (see previous point).
- Ordering off the menu a week in advance didn't work well, and hopefully that won't be repeated for some time.
- I came away with fewer things that struck me as really interesting this time - I think the first point played a role in that, though.
- The meeting footage database does sound like a fun dataset to have on hand. I'll hopefully remember to follow up on that.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
So, this year PRASA was in Cape Town, and, riding on the work of my loyal minion (i.e. my M. student), I was once represented. Notes from this year: